Innovation is fueled by research. Translating and managing research-generated knowledge has never been more critical for policymakers and organizational leaders. Circle's team of experts is credentialed in both quantitative and qualitative research methods. We conduct social and health policy research and consult with organizations to improve the ways knowledge—or data—is collected, reviewed, organized, synthesized, and shared.
Circle's comprehensive research and knowledge management services include:
- Designing and implementing research methods for process and outcome evaluations and organizational program assessments
- Designing and conducting feasibility studies
- Evaluating communication and promotional strategies, awareness campaigns, and training and educational programs and materials
- Creating interactive online knowledge management networks to support continuous, collaborative learning and information exchange
- Managing technical assistance programs and delivering specialized technical assistance
- Designing and executing surveys, and analyzing and reporting results
- Designing learning products, toolkits, and training/educational curricula and programs, including train-the-trainer/facilitator programs (available courses)
To view a comprehensive list of Circle's research and knowledge management services, please view this PDF.